The Green Ember (series) — reviewed by 11-yr-old

Previously on GoodLIT, I reviewed The Green Ember series by S. D. Smith. You can find the details of my 4-star review HERE. However, I had an 11-year-old read the first 2 books in the series, and this is her opinion of them.

*Warning: Spoilers ahead!


The Green Ember

I want to read the next book because their adventure is really fun. I like how the author made the plot and the story, especially when he made it so you really like Kyle and then it turns out he's a traitor. That's mostly what I like. It is a good book.

I like the way the book has a short intro of Heather and Picket's life, and then all of a sudden they're the only people left of their family. I also like the part where Heather is almost going to die because of the wolf, and then her uncle saves her.

Heather and Smalls are my favorite characters.

Ember Falls

I like the way the plot was a lot faster through the book, because The Green Ember was a lot slower. I like the parts where Picket and the other rabbits had those training sessions, and how in one of them they were attacked by wolves. I like the secret in the plot where it turns out Emma is the princess, is Smalls sister. I liked it because they make you really like Emma in the first book, so it's a surprise when you find out she's actually the princess.

I wasn't happy that they had Heather get captured, because I just really like Heather. But I think the author did it so maybe she could find her family, so it could be interesting in the next book.

My very favorite part is when Picket and the Fowlers are training and they almost get to the end of the obstacle course, but they don't quite get it. I liked it best because of the description of it.

The Verdict: 4.5 stars

They're just really good book. The author makes it easy to read and kind of fun. I literally read the first book in one day. I want to read the next book, because I'm kind of nervous about what might happen to Heather now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Green Ember (series) – S. D. Smith

The Divine Cities (trilogy) – Robert Jackson Bennett

We — Yevgeny Zamyatin